Portable Oxygen Concentrators can be a big investment, it is recommended to take precautions and do your best to take care of your investment. Maintaining your equipment can be simple, below are some tips for getting the most out of your POC.
1. In order to keep your POC clean and free of dust, frequently wipe down the outside of your concentrator with a damp or microfiber cloth.
2. Check your intake filter(s) weekly. Cleaning and replacing your filters can often prevent issues with your portable oxygen device. Most portable oxygen concentrators have a reusable filter. If it’s dirty, remove and clean your filter with warm water and a mild detergent. Ensure to let the filter air-dry before placing it back on you equipment. Replace the filter if necessary.
3. If your concentrator has a replaceable filter instead of a reusable one, check it monthly and replace it as needed (be sure to check the owner’s manual for manufacturer specifications regarding your oxygen system).
4. The batteries in your portable concentrator will need to be replaced every few years to ensure you receive the proper duration per charge.
5. The sieve beds in your portable device will also need to be replaced every couple of years, (be sure to check the owner’s manual for manufacturer specifications regarding your oxygen system).
6. Keep your portable oxygen concentrator away from smoke, incense, candles or any other flammable items.
If you have any questions about how to maintain your portable oxygen concentrator please contact us at 866-896-0202.